Sunday, 29 January 2012

Happy Birthday Bloom

 My 1st 'returning to blogging' card ! for my Niece who was 17 yesterday, I wanted a card to match the ruffle scarf that I have knitted for her (red). I decided that I would also go for a big bloom, which doesn't leave much space for an image so I thought I would get out my die's (QK Tangerine alpha) and do a big sentiment too !The dp is from DCWV - pocket full of posies collection, with blue, red and wine card stock from my stash.The blooms, red button and gems are also from my stash...been in there so long I cannot remember where they came from ! The ribbon came from craftyribbons !  I thought I might enter the card into the challenges at :-

Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge - theme 'Ribbons'
Moving along with the times challenge - theme 'blooming marvellous'
Cute card Thursday challenge - theme 'gems'

I'm easing myself in gently here, but the next card is definately going to be a stamped one !

 This ripple scarf was knitted using sirdar salsa and you only have about 5 stitches per row, but at the end of each row you twist the yarn so you get the bright red on one side of the scarf and the dark red on the other ! It's also quite a fine knitted ribbon yarn so took me much longer than some I have knitted. The yarn was purchased from Minervacrafts online but I understand they have a very well stocked 'real' shop too !A little too far for me to travel !
A little piece of jewellery to finish off the gift, a large silver bee from Thai Karen Hill Tribe, with a few dripping clusters of borosilicate beads (from Purple Beech Designs) in amber & clear on sterling silver jumprings..it is mean't to be the nectar the bee has collected on it's Journey ! This is on an 18" silver chain. Just hope she likes them too.

Kate x

7 comments:

  1. Hello Kate. This is such a lovely card, gorgeous flower, and all to match the fab scarf too.
    Thank you for joining us at MAWTT and good luck.
    Love Sandra xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card, scarf and necklace!
    Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge!
    Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. a gorgeous creation and lovely use of the ribbon, thank you so much for sharing your lovely work with us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
    Hugs Kate xx
    ps I have candy if you are interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card love the colours & the scarf is stunning!

    Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the added gems for this one! Thank you for joining us at CCT
    Hugs
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for joining in at Secret Crafter Saturday challenge. Love the colour scheme on your card.Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card Katie - love the big flowers!
    Thanks for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment, it is very much appreciated, Kate x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...