Monday, 29 July 2013

Decorating the Gingerbread House


The new challenge at House Mouse & friends challenge blog, is heat embossing. I hadn't done any heat embossing for a while so I dusted off my heat tool and rummaged in my stash for some embossing ink, powder and some inspiration.


I had a couple of these House Mouse images already coloured up from practising with my promarkers, so with a little glue and glitter I sparkled up the image and set about making my backing paper.

 I am not sure where this paper came from it's been in my stash for a while, but with a little ink, embossing powder, some snowflake stamps (Hero Arts)  and the heat tool...I gave it a face lift.
The embossing powder is called snowflakes and has small glittery bits in it !
I decided the sentiment (Magnolia) would also look good embossed, especially white on red. The pearls are from Prima, snowflake charm from my stash and ribbon from Crafty Ribbons.

Here's the card;  

I will enter this card into challenges at;
Totally Gorjuss - Christmas in July
A Gem of a challenge - charming (add a charm)
Crafts and Me - Anything goes
Creative Corner challenges - Christmas in July
Crafty Catz weekly - Christmas in July
Polka doodles - Christmas in July
Challenges for Everybody - Anything goes
1 love promarkers - Christmas in July
Make it Monday - Anything goes

Kate x

20 comments:

  1. Great Christmassy card Kate
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. An adorable Christmas card. Thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers good luck Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card - love the House Mouse design. Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles this week. Karon, DT Polka Doodles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh this is gorgeous and great to have you with us as GDT
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous card Kate, a lovely design and fabulous sparkling background. Your image is adorable and I love the embossing on your little gingerbread house!!

    hugs
    Heather xxc

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kate, I love how you embossed the snowflakes on your background paper.
    They are beautiful and are just the right touch for this adorable image
    you have colored up so beautifully.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Kate love the image and fabulous colour's thank you for joining us this week at Crafty Catz
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card Kate :-) such a cute image and the snowflake background is FAB :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kate another cute GDT mousey creation lovely take on the chall theme love.it.

    smiles Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful Christmas card, Kate, sweet (!) image and lovely backing papers with the embossed snowflakes,
    great to have you with us,
    hugs Dorte

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kate
    Fabulous creation, adorable image and design.
    Happy crafting
    Mousey hugs
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Kate. I saw your Fabulous card on MIM and came for a closer look..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  13. A stunningly cute festive creation. Love House Mouse! Thanks for playing along with us.
    Asha - PolkaDoodles DT
    Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute, great image, love the ribbon,thank you for joining us at I♥ProMarkers this week
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Kate I saw you on MIM, what a transformation of that paper with your embossing. I love the House Mouse stamps and your card is just gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  16. aww house mouse is so adorable! A wonderful card! thanks for joining our christmas in july challenge at creative corner challenges this week.
    Tammy DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kate, your glittery embossing really adds to this card. Sweet image and great charm. Your Christmas cards are so great and you have a good headstart. Lovely work Kate! Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Who doesn't love these little fellows? such a sweet image. Thanks for sharing it with us this week at Crafty Catz. Naomi x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card - the glitter looks amazing!

    Thanks for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment, it is very much appreciated, Kate x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...