Monday, 29 July 2013

You Rock Dad


It's DH's birthday next week, but the boys will be away, holiday in Scotland with the grandparents and coming back on the day. So I thought it best to make the card in advance so they can write it and leave it for him to open. 

The image is a stamp from Make it crafty ' Rocker Dude', I found it at Quixotic paperie. DH is a huge Rock fan, although he doesn't have long hair/goatee beard ! The image has been coloured with promarkers, cut out with a spellbinder die and mounted onto papers from Basic Grey (the last 2 sheets so no idea which collection!) The Happy Birthday sentiment is from my stash (so long ago cannot remember the brand!) Letters cut with a quickutz die, the other sentiment is from Hero Arts, gems from Hobby House. I have made an easel card for a change.....forgot how much I like them ! The sketch for this card is from Sweet sketch Wednesday.
I will enter the card into challenges at;
Passion for promarkers - easel it
LadybugcraftsinkTLT challenge - Birthday
Crafts and me - anything goes
Fussy and Fancy Friday - more than 1 fold
Sweet sketch Wednesday - the sketch

Kate x

9 comments:

  1. Great Card! I love that Image. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs Frida

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yehhh, I finally got the comment box to show up on your blog. Your card is darling Kate. I love the fun image and your easal card is fabulous. I really need to give it a try some time. They are really great looking cards. I am sure your DH will llove this card. Thanks for joining us.
    Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great easel card, thank you for playing along with my theme at PFP this week & good luck. Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely done. Those beautiful papers are truly psychedelic!! Thanks for joining us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
    ~Jo, SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card - love your format and the papers are perfect for the image!! Love all the colors too!!
    So glad you played along with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!!
    Blessings to you Kate!!
    Sally SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome stamp! I will have to stop by and pick that one up. Great job with the sketch! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very smart to think ahead like this. Super image and great colors and papers. Happy Birthday to your DH. Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card for a guy. Love that fun image and your terrific papers and colors. Lots of good energy! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
    Sharon, SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is super, and i love those lively dp's you've used!
    thank you for joining Fussy and Fancy this time around
    -laila aka koneko

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment, it is very much appreciated, Kate x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...