Thursday, 15 August 2013

Popcorn Fun

 

This is a birthday card for my eldest Son, his birthday is not until the end of September, but I expect that to be a busy month and want to get it ready. Especially after the good news today that having achieved 3 A's at A level, he will be going to Uni just as he planned. So it may even be the first Birthday he celebrates away from home !
He loves popcorn and when we used to go to the cinema he would scoff a huge box of it all to himself ! These little guys seem to be having a great time outdoors with their pot of corn!
This is a House Mouse stamp, coloured with promarkers and mounted onto popcorn paper (in my stash for years !) and the other papers from Prima 'My Little Guy'. The twine is from Tim Holtz, popcorn die cuts (Quickutz), robins nest dew drops and sentiments all from Whimsy.

The sketch for this card is from Sketch N Stash.
I will enter this card into challenges at;
Sketch N stash - the sketch
Stamp with Fun - Summer
LEJ Designs - Furry Friends
Sieze the Birthday - Anything goes Birthday
Polkadoodles - In the Garden
A Gem of a challenge - Summer
Totally Gorjuss - Hot Hot Hot (well it must be to get the corn to pop)

Kate x

14 comments:

  1. Wat een schitterende kaart, met een prachtig plaatje
    groetjes Janie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card. Your coloring of the image is fabulous and I love the cute popcorn diecuts. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize The Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Kate.
    I just found your blog and I am your new follower.
    I really enjoy schrolling down to see your beautiful work.
    Thank you too for the chance to win all those fantastic goodies.
    Gr Elly
    Ps I have a candy too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cute card
    Thankyou for joining us at LEJ design challenge
    and good luck
    Hugs Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fantastic card. Love both the stamp and its coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute card! I love the image. They are just sooo cute! Thank you so much for joining us at Totally Gorjuss!
    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. fantastic image and love the papers and the reason the image was chosen -thanks for joining us at Lej designs
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice interpretation of the sketch.

    Thanks for playing with our sketch at Sketch N Stash challenge blog.
    Anat (tshupile) - DT member

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would like to thank you for joining in the LEJ Designs Challenge No. 66 - Furry Friends, over on our Challenge Blog.

    What an amazingly colourful and fantastic card. I love love love the mix of papers in the layout. The image is brilliant and I like the popcorn embellishments. This is such a brilliant card that is fun and would put a smile on anyones face.

    We have a new challenge theme every week, I hope you will pop by to join in some more of them.

    Hugs and <3
    Lisa xxxx LEJ DT Organiser

    P.S. I have some blog candy on my personal blog, if you would like to join in.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow ...I know your oldest son is going to love this card Kate! Adding those popcorn diecuts took this card to a new level! It's amazing! Thanks for joining the girls and I at Seize the Birthday this time!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my-I dont think I have ever seen this stamp before...I am like your son, I LOVE popcorn too! Another great meece card! ♥Sue K

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kate,
    Just popping over to Congrat you on being the winner over at A Gem of a Challenge :) I wanted to come & see your design, which btw is wonderful. Totally loving the image, your colouring & the whole design :) Thank you so much for sharing. Hugs, Lisa.

    P.S Would love for you to come, visit & like. Why not enter the DT Call? :)

    Dreamtime Designs: www.etsy.com/shop/DreamtimeDesigns
    Blog: http://dreamtimedesigns.blogspot.com.au (Blog Candy)
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/DreamtimeDesigns
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/DreamtimeDsigns
    Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/LisaWDesigns
    Dreamtime Designs Craft Challenge: http://dreamtimedesigns.blogspot.com.au (DT Call)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really cute card and fab colours ! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch N Stash this fortnight, Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute! Love the fun house mouse image! Thanks so much for playing along with Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment, it is very much appreciated, Kate x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...