Thursday, 10 October 2013

Chill-ax with friends

When I first saw this stamp, I had to have it - House Mouse have to be my favourite stamps, then it took me ages to actually get around to stamping it....then ages before colouring it. With the help of my youngest Son's British garden bird guide I decided to colour the birds as blue tit's (one of my favourite garden birds alongside robins) ! Luckily I also had some glossy accents deep in my stash, to be honest I was a little nervous putting it on, because it took me ages to colour and was worried about ruining the image ! Trying to take a picture to show the gloss finish wasn't easy !
I have used a sketch from Sunday sketch and stamp challenge, the papers are from Basic Grey 'Euphoria'. I have used 2 ribbons, both velvet from Crafty Ribbons (I couldn't make up my mind to use the pink or the lilac !- so thought both !) The sentiment is from LOTV, flowers, pearls and gems from Prima.

I'm quite pleased with how it turned out !

I will enter this card into challenges at;
Sunday sketch and stamp - the sketch
Papertake weekly - two by two (I used 2 ribbons)
A Creative romance - fairy tale/winged
charisma cardz - animals
The crafter's cafe - favourite craft item (House Mouse stamps and ribbon)
7 kids college fund - Anything goes
Simon says stamp Wed challenge - Use rubber or clear stamp

Kate x

11 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Kate, thank you for joining us at A Creative Romance Fairytale/ Winged Things challenge.
    DT Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. A super involved card, lovely colouring. Thanks for using our sketch and joining us this week at Sunday Stamp and Sketch. Caz DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really gorgeous, Kate!! love the colors !!
    http://www.kalasirjana.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kate, such an adorable card - a great design and colour scheme - I love this sweet image, lovely colouring and gorgeous detailing.

    Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hallo Kate,
    das ist aber eine lustige Karte,man denkt die kleinen Vögel sehen sich im Spiegel ein einfach entzuckend,
    lg Ulrike

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Kate :-) one of my fave images and I have to say you were brave adding the glossy accents, I would have been worried too, but the bird feeder really does look fabulous ! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Papertake Weekly and Simon Says Challenges
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. wat een schitterende kaart
    groetjes Janie

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful Kate - I also love those adorable House Mouse stamps. Thanks for joining us at The Crafter's Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card just love the little mouse & the bird feeder looks fab with the glossy accents. Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is fabulous! I love how you made the feeder look realistic! Thank you for joining us at http://www.7kidscollegefund.com. Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is fabulous. Your colouring is perfect and that cheeky little mouse is so cute. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Sketch & Stamp this week x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment, it is very much appreciated, Kate x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...