Thursday, 28 November 2013

Christmas Decorations

 I haven't been very productive on the card front lately (apart from the advent creations), however I am working on these little felt Christmas decorations, which will feature as Christmas gifts for friends and family (if I can make enough in time !).Inspired but the felt kits in the Crafty Ribbon's store that I recently purchased and made up.
I sketched some simple drawings and made pattern pieces for each, then cut out with felt, with the addition of the odd button and a fabulous selection of Crafty Ribbon ribbons (Christmas Owls; wishes,flowers,Noel, grosgrain snowflakes , skinny Christmas lights and satin ribbon) stitched together with embroidery thread (I have lots due to a previous addiction to cross stitch embroidery) and filled with a little toy stuffing !
This chap has a little bell sewn onto the bow.
 I just love robins !
 The idea of the tree using the lights ribbon came to me while driving to work early one morning.....


Thanks for stopping by !
Kate x

3 comments:

  1. Kate, these are AWESOME! I'm sure your family members and friends will love them - such a cute and thoughtful present. Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Kate they are lovely. Nice to have a break from cards and do something different.
    Caroline x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment, it is very much appreciated, Kate x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...