Saturday, 22 March 2014

Just Thinking of you

 This is an experimental card for me, I don't do many one layer cards, or have much white space, but I had this stamp from Woodware and wanted to create a soft gently card. Using several different coloured ink pads I inked it up to get a graduated colour on the image.The sentiment came with the stamp. I added 3 rather ornate Prima gems to the flowers (had them in my stash for years and never quite found the right card to add them too!) The 2 satin ribbons are from Crafty ribbons, I thought they picked out the colours of the image quite well. I added some ink around the edges of the card too frame it all and it looks a bit vintage I think .
I will enter the card into the following challenges;

Less is more - add 3 of something
Crafting for all seasons - no Design papers
Clean and Simple on sunday - 1 layer wonder
Everybody art - non cute
Creative Inspirations- Vintage/shabby chic
Crazy 4 challenges - shake your thing

Kate x

14 comments:

  1. Lovely card in my favorite color scheme. Love those Prima gems as blossoms! Anne, yourmainestamper

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautifully tied ribbon Kate and I agree that the card has a sort of vintage feel. I think the gems work perfectly with the flowers! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I have some of those bling stickers and I never thought to use them that way! Very nice, thank you for the inspirations. Like how you grounded the flowers with the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet card! Thanks for playing with us at CAS on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kate this is stunning, love your image! Unfortunately you can only enter five challenges to enter LIM, do hope you'll join us again

    Anne
    LIM Guest commenter

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an absolutely beautiful creation! Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations this week! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulous card Kate, I love your colour scheme and such wonderful stamped images - the gems and ribbon are gorgeous!!

    Thanks so much for joining Everybody Art Challenge,
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card.Thank you for joining us over at CAS on sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I must apologise for my lack of comments over the past few weeks whilst I was on holiday in Australia, but hopefully things should be back to normal now!
    This is just gorgeous!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely Card.
    Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all seasons.
    Hugs Elfie

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have decorated the papers very pritty! Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons! xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment, it is very much appreciated, Kate x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...