Tuesday, 6 May 2014

Pop up Flowers & Butterflies

 I have seen lots of these pop up cards on challenges recently, so I thought give it a go !
The box is simple enough and decorating the sides...but I did find it a bit more tricky working out where to add the flowers/butterflies in to give an even cover and full look...plus when it folds flat...it still fits in an envelope !!
 I used papers from MME Bloom & Grow...mainly scraps...I don't have that much left now.I used some punches to make the flowers, Quickutz die for the butterflies, gems from Prima and polka dot ribbon from Crafty Ribbons. The sentiment is from LOTV.
 The flowers all have 'card' stalks but the butterflies I tried to add them on with acetate, for that floaty effect ! Ok for a first attempt...but I am rather too impatient with myself...I think I prefer my flatter cards with bigger images, but I won't rule out doing another of these sometime.
I will enter this card into the following challenges;

Crafty Catz - Anything but square
Inkspirational - Pink & Green
Suzy Bee's bloomin - Anything goes
Blogger's challenge - Mother's Day
Brown sugar - Design paper
A little bit crafty - Flower power
Crafts Galore encore - Anything goes
In the pink - fluttering by
Creative Inspiration - Spring flowers
Paper Pretties - Mothers Day/Spring

Kate x


10 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, thanks for joining in at Creative inspirations!
    CraftyNatalie: DT member

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous pop up box card Kate, would be delighted if I received this one....
    Thanks for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable Design Thank you for joining us at Suzy Bee’s Bloomin Challenge it is much appreciated without you we would have no challenge, I do hope you will join us again for another fab challenge nest week…. Good luck in the draw…
    Hugs
    Suzy B Owner Suzy Bee’s Bloomin Challenge
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow... what a creative and elaborate project! So much work must have gone into those butterflies and flowers. Great bright colors. Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  5. This month is anything goes and your creation is smashing! Thank you for joining us at Crafts Galore Challenge. I hope you’ll join us in our next challenge.

    La-Vie B. – Crafts Galore Encore Challenge Blog DT
    Follow me at C’est La-Vie Designs Unlimited, LLC

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, so much colors! It is absolutely fabolous! Thanks for joining Brown Sugar this week :)

    Lisbeth, DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous. Thanks for sharing your lovely creation for Suzy Bee's Bloomin' challenge 27 'anything goes' - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this explosion of pretty flowers and butterflies - it's really stunning!
    Thanks for sharing with us at In The Pink!
    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A gorgeous box card, so pretty
    Thanks for joining this month's challenge at A Little Bit Crafty.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment, it is very much appreciated, Kate x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...