Sunday, 25 January 2015

Decorated Hearts

On the theme of recycled pallets, I asked Dad to cut me out some wooden hearts with a small  hole to hang them once decorated. He came up with a few different sizes for me to trial.

So with the smallest size I painted the heart with Tim Holtz antique cream crackle paint (couple of coats did it) then inked the edges. Using Modge podge I added some torn prices of floral design paper scraps, inked for aging. Then I took a piece of gorgeous French lace ( comes in a multitude of colours and styles from Crafty Ribbons). I added some stamped letters - mounted on foam,a flower, gems and pearls and a button (also from Crafty Ribbons) . Finally I added some fine glitter....all along the edges and it also stayed where some of the Modge podge had yet to dry. I have added a piece of satin ribbon to hang the Heart.




For the largest size heart, I first painted it with sparkling H2O paint, then inked the edges. Glued on some torn rose printed design paper.I added a piece of fabulous pink lace, a button, gems and pearls...oh and some roses. Then some stamped sentiment/ letters (foam mounted) and some glitter, finishing with some satin ribbon.

Dad has cut me some more hearts plus some letters...yet to be decorated, but will be soon...watch out for those appearing on my blog in the next week or so.





Kate x

3 comments:

  1. Love your creation, it’s gorgeous and the beauties added...the hearts look fantastic...♥ aNNie



    {The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment, it is very much appreciated, Kate x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...