Monday, 5 January 2015

Happy New Year

 This is my first  card post for 2015, Happy New Year to all.

At the end of last year one of my cards was picked from a House Mouse & Friends challenge and I was asked if I would be a Guest Designer for Jan and Feb. I was thrilled ! I just adore House Mouse stamps...any excuse to use them !! So with my Mum in laws' birthday due very soon ! I knew that was going to be my first card of the year too !

The challenge this fortnight over at House Mouse & Friends challenge, #185 is anything goes plus a sketch. I haven't done a sketch challenge in ages, they have always been a favourite challenge otherwise I end up using the same couple of layouts over and over, so it adds a bit of variety to my cards ! I stretched the layout of the sketch a little as I have tendency to do my cards in A5 size.
This little House Mouse image...just got to go and check the stamp to find the name, hang on a mo......yep it's 'Sweet scent' (Amanda HMGR1004)... I have coloured the image with my promarkers, then foam mounted onto papers from Kaisercrafts 'lilac avenue'. The ribbon is from Crafty Ribbons, flowers are Prima, gems are papermania and Prima. The sentiment is Hero Arts. The Mum letters are from Papermania 'Urban stamps'.


Here's the sketch...have a go !

To celebrate the new Year, and on a House Mouse theme I am having a little blog candy too, so please check my blog (some rather lovely goodies ..couple of stamps that I loved so much I bought two of each...oops ...don't tell DH! some gorgeous mulberry paper roses, sweet ribbons and a House Mouse CD-rom).

I will enter this card into the challenge at;

 Gruffies and Guests - button, bows or both, or anything goes

Thanks for stopping by,
Kate x

17 comments:

  1. Lovely card Kate. Beautiful colors.
    Happy New Year.,Elly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your positive cards so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW such a cute lil fella
    Dropping by to Wish you and family a Happy and Fantastic New Year 2015
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts Kids Projects

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Kate :-) the image is adorable and the papers and details are so pretty :-)

    Welcome aboard ! it is lovely to have you along with us :-)
    Happy New Year :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous and cute Kate, love it!

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous card Kate, gorgeous colours and stunning papers...........your image is just adorable and lovely embellishments.
    It's great to have your with us,
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kate super gorgeous papers & image love the clever take on the Sketch very pretty..nice to have you with us as a GDT ..

    smiles Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That lavender is gorgeous. So beautiful.

    Thanks for joining us at Gruffies and Guests.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab colouring of this little cutie, Kate, I'm sure your MIL will love her birthday card. So great to have you as a GDT,
    hugs Dorte

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kate, gorgeous card, and so girly, your MIL is sure to just love it. Great inspiration for
    those that play along with us. So much detail to look at and enjoy.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is just gorgeous! I love the colours and the papers. And the image is very cute - I've never seen this one before! Thanks for joining us at Gruffies & Guests Challenge and good luck!
    Silvia DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loooove this card. The colours are great and the image is so darn cute! Love the paper you used too. Fab work!
    Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hallo liebe Kate,
    da hast du für deine Mum aber eine ganz wunderschöne Karte gestaltet und sie wird sich sicherlich sehr gefreut haben,
    glg ulrike

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card is gorgeous and thank you for joining in our challenge at Gruffies and Guest "Buttons Bows or both with the option of “Anything Goes” good luck and hope to see you again next time Dt Member Sandra H xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment, it is very much appreciated, Kate x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...